Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

The 'can opener' bridge

Started by easter bunny, January 08, 2016, 02:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easter bunny

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0

RW

We watched this the other day.   Sucks to be them, eh?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0
How does this happen?

Truck drivers know their height, and upcoming bridge clearances are marked well in advance.

ac_unsure

Renee

That happens more often than you know. Even if the overpass or bridge height is clearly marked it would appear that too many truck drivers don't know the overall height of their vehicles.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"That happens more often than you know. Even if the overpass or bridge height is clearly marked it would appear that too many truck drivers don't know the overall height of their vehicles.

Any truck company I hire knows their gross and tare weight, height, length, oversized or not and the dangerous goods route. But, a body job truck does not require the same licensing, or the same training. Local p and d companies hire immigrants give them no training and pay them crap wages.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"That happens more often than you know. Even if the overpass or bridge height is clearly marked it would appear that too many truck drivers don't know the overall height of their vehicles.

Any truck company I hire knows their gross and tare weight, height, length, oversized or not and the dangerous goods route. But, a body job truck does not require the same licensing, or the same training. Local p and d companies hire immigrants give them no training and pay them crap wages.

Well if you watch the video, it's mostly straight body trucks hitting the bridge, so what you are saying makes sense.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Well if you watch the video, it's mostly straight body trucks hitting the bridge, so what you are saying makes sense.

No surprise there Renee. I would think the first language of the drivers is not English either.

Renee

No surprise there Renee. I would think the first language of the drivers is not English either.

Actually a lot of the trucks look like rentals...Ryder, Enterprise, etc. I would think a lot of them are just people moving furniture and have never driven a truck of that size before.

Shit happens.  :laugh:

Anonymous

Actually a lot of the trucks look like rentals...Ryder, Enterprise, etc. I would think a lot of them are just people moving furniture and have never drove a truck of that size before.

Shit happens.  :laugh:

I didn't really look at the video for too long, but that makes sense.

easter bunny

Quote from: "GrAnnie"It's kind of funny though :laugh3:

I felt really sorry for those poor drivers but man that was funny!

Anonymous

That's how I feel about it too easter bunny.

Anonymous

It sure was. I remember watching a guy with a camper on the back of his pick up getting stuck under in the lower level of a parking lot. He had to let air out of his tires and back out. :laugh3:

Annie

Well at least he was smart enough to figure that out! lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Well at least he was smart enough to figure that out! lol

Only after he loudly scraped the top of his camper on the cement roof of the first level parking. It was loud and there were sparks. He got out, but only after trying a few other things and a few minutes of stunned disbelief. It was funny, but he blocked off an entire lane from leaving or entering. :laugh3: